Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Inside Out


There are many things about one’s life they may want to change. Most people want a better job, more money a loving relationship or even a better appearance. Sadly most people are not able to achieve their goals and live a life of frustration, discontentment and longing. I know I have been there. Then one day while contemplating on how I could change my external situation a voice spoke to me and said two words “look within”. As corny as it may sound this sparked something in me.  At the time I did not understand this concept but after many weeks of thinking, and praying I finally realized what the voice was telling me. The truth of the matter is it is impossible to change your external situation without first changing you internal self . By internal I mean your inner self. Your inner self can be a number of things to different people. To you it could be your thoughts or the little voice that tells you right from wrong. To others it may be a spiritual self or a soul. Everyone has their own idea of what an “inner self” is or is not. The key is to define your own inner self and to work to cultivate this being as much as possible. The way you choose to cultivate your inner self is also up to you, some may become more in touch with their inner self through religion while others may connect through yoga or meditation. Still others may find this internal self through writing and self expression. Your path is your own.
One exercise that helped me to find my “inner self” was sitting quietly and thinking of myself as a child. Once I saw my child like self I began to ask her questions like what were her hopes, her dreams and her goals. Once I was able to reconnect with this child I remembered what it was like to have the desire to do something without fearing what could go wrong or thinking about why I shouldn’t want this or do that. The child in me was my inner self. By going back to that place I was able to reconnect with who I really was and what I really want. That is what finding and cultivating one inner self is all about. Once I was able to do this , like a child I was able to let my imagination guide me and slowly I have began to see my dreams become reality. In order to change your life you must identify what you truly want. In doing this most of us find that our superficial wants and desires only mask our true desires and derail us from getting what we want and being who we really want to be. If you want to change your external you must first change you internal. Look within and you too will begin to transform your current surroundings.
Peace Be With You All
Misunderstood.

1 comment:

  1. Life Coach certifications are not meant as just trophies. They mean that you have learned new techniques. It comes from admitting that you do not know everything.

    ReplyDelete