Sunday, September 9, 2012

CNC | What motivates me?

My belief system formed at a young age with the the help of my mother. My mother taught I could do anything I wanted to do if I put my mind to it and stopped being lazy. As life went on, I picked up bad habits such as procrastination, self-pity, negative self-talk and destructive behavior. Soon these traits seem to have integrated into my personality. Along with them came the effects on my life that were not apparent to me in my late teens and early twenties. December 12, 2010, my Stepfather, the man who raised me to be a man died suddenly. This led to me questioning my life and the choices that I have been making along the way. Seven months after the passing of my Stepfather, my then Fiance and now currently, my wife and I started assessing our lives. We were not where we expected to be in life. After much soul-searching and research, we stumbled across a program called The Secret. This program led to us starting finding the Eric Thomas Story, and eventually Life Coaching. Since we began this journey, or search for answers to our own questions, we have learned a lot.

Recently, I lost a person with whom I shared a lot of my life. My eldest sibling and partner in “crime” for many years had died. Aisha Francis died June 5, 2012 at the age of 30. In the days and weeks after her passing my wife and I had again reassessed our life and the steps that we had taken to make such great leaps and bounds to the brief success which we had experience in the span of a year. I personally had many thoughts that I had not done enough in my life and that when I die I want to die as my sister had. She lived her life each day as if it were her last. Now I strive daily to walk to the beat of this same drum.

When I am feeling low, I remember what I have set out to accomplish and knowing that the show does not stop until I am no longer breathing. This is my motivation along with words of success from other sources, such as Addicted2Success.com. I hope this brief look into my life will also inspire others to LIVE instead of just surviving. This is also the reason I have decided to name my business Change Now Coaching.


Fore more information on how Change Now Coaching can help your life, business, relationships, and more please email Asim Francis, Certified Life and Professional Coach: ChangeNowLifeCoaching@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment